Just a quick status update. It has been quite the roller coaster of various levels of anxiety, acceptance, and (mis)understandings about my upcoming heart surgery. I have learned that all this baggage certainly has the potential to adversely effect work, school, relationships, and other responsibilities. I’d be lying if I said that I avoided all this. I’m doing my best though. Lately though, there has been a shift.
- I have passed the phase of constant hypochondria. I’m not worried about dissections, ruptures, bacterial endocarditis, etc, anymore.
- I’m still emotionally vulnerable, yet headstrong.
- I’ve accepted my current levels of exercise within my sports, knowing that I will return with a vengeance.
- I’ve realized that though this is a stressful time not only for me, but for those closest to me, I know that those relationships will (and already have) change in positive ways that I never previously imagined. ❤
- I’m psyched, ready, and a bit nervous. I’ll let you know how that changes in a week!
19 more days to go.