Hi! It has been quite some time since I posted! No news is good news in the world of heart surgery recovery, right? Since my last post, some significant changes have occurred in my life! For those interested, some updates to my life:
- I have had no significant scares, complications, ER visits, etc., since the little clot event from 2016.
- Knock on wood.
- I moved to San Francisco in August 2017 to be with my lovely partner, Melanie.
- I love living in the city! It is my first time living in a big city and I’m finally acclimated.
- I got a job teaching Biology & Green Energy at a continuation school in the bay area. I love it there!
- I am still active, but I no longer rock climb. I hit the weight gym often and have recently been doing a bodybuilding program. I’m trying to look good for our Mexico summer vacay!
- I’ve come to accept that the whole heart surgery thing has made me a bit vain about my body. My drive to remain physically fit has morphed into some body image issues, some good, some not so much.
I’m still all ears for those of you that may be needing valve replacement soon. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.